Monday 8 June 2020

Diabetes Week 2020 - Introduction

     

Up until 2017 there was an event organised to coincide with diabetes week which encouraged people to write about their experiences with the condition and share it via social media channels. I’m not sure why it ended as i was otherwise engaged in 2018 but I noticed last year that it had gone.

 This year I thought even though effectively I’m now just writing my own blog for me and even though it may reach fewer people without the group approach it may well still be worthwhile. During my pondering Diabetes UK launched their diabetes week theme

Diabetes Week 2020

Everyone’s experience of diabetes is different, but we’re united by a common goal – building a better future. Help us paint #TheBigPicture this Diabetes Week. The triumphs, the setbacks, the daily routines and unexpected turns.

With this in mind I thought I’d start with a weeks work of sharing and see where it leads too. I’ve no themes or idea of direction for each day so if you’ve an interest, question or burning idea please throw it my way. Additionally sharing is the best way to get information out there so if you feel inclined to do so, amazing . 
I’m going to use this thread as an introduction thread for my new start so I’ll hopefully have a new post finished for sharing later on.         (Still pondering which direction to go in first) 

#myteam #TheBigPicture #Family


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the #DBlogWeek shout-out! I work full time over at DiabetesSisters now, and have found I can't balance diabetes work, diabetes life AND diabetes blogging (and Diabetes Blog Week).

    Love that picture and I love all the bloggers who are still out there sharing their stories. I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete