Monday 1 March 2021

36 years...

 So this week is the marks my 36th anniversary with my diabetes. I can’t say it’s been easy, interesting yes easy no.

The best way to describe it is like having a full time job that you didn’t apply for, don’t feel qualified for and can’t walk away from. But if you can’t walk away then embrace it you must. 

For my children it will be completely normal. In fact my youngest actively searches people for a pod or sensor when he meets them. My eldest is perfectly happy explaining to people about “the mummy juice” (pretty sure for the first week of him getting mummy juice nursery thought I was an alcoholic) 

In those years I’ve done an awful lot I’m proud of. I’ve encountered an awful lot I’m appalled by. I’ve seen some huge changes in treatment and technology. I’ve met absolute superstars and some really dreadful people, bullies almost. As I say it’s been interesting. 

I decided this year I’d do a post for seven days to mark the week as when I was diagnosed you didn’t get a specific date more a week of information thrown at you! 

So this will be post number one. If you don’t want to read them I’m ok with that. If you do fantastic, I hope you enjoy and maybe even learn something. 

Just for fun here’s my littlest with his hand on the pod. (And O just because ❤️) 



2 comments:

  1. Happy Diaversary !!

    Our sons grew up with me as a PWD. They have lived with it for 42 and 40 years. They are no worse for wear, and bonus, I was the science experiment five times in 12 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so interesting as I know someone recently diagnosed and her kids are freaked but mine are so chilled about it it’s quite funny.

      Delete